Psalm 82: 3-4

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked"

Join me as I travel the path God has put before me. To be with my heart in Guatemala. Being His hands and feet.

Not done yet....

>> Sunday, July 12, 2009

So..I'm sure many of you have heard that I am not home by now..(I was suppose to be home last night)..after praying I just felt like God wasn't done with me yet..a couple weeks ago I was talkin to Rachel K., one of the permanent staff here, and told her that so many ppl were askin me, "why are u leaving? you should stay longer. we don't want u to go." And she looked at me and goes, "so whats keeping you from staying?!" I could not give her an answer. So that Saturday I told Fernando (the president of SI here in Guate) that I wanted to stay..he was supprised but in a good way..He said I was welcome to stay for however long I could. So, I called my parents and asked them and, here I am still...I still have to raise $175 per week that I'm staying here. I'm not sure what the exact total is but if you'd like to donate and support me I will have that info by tomorrow..and of course I ask to please keep me and all of us here in Guatemala in your prayers..especially Seth...

Seth is the associate director here in Guate and is in charge of us summer staff interns..well a little over a week ago, he was on his way home (from Magdalena in the Hills to Antigua not in hills), and he got in a wreck with his motorcycle. Thanks to God, he had a helmet on and it saved his life. He fractured his collarbone in 5 pieces. He had surgery and was pretty scraped up. But he is alive and doing well now..but the doctor told him he couldn't do any physical activities for 2 months and he and his wife have a 3 month old baby, so they need prayers, and also with him not being able to work that much, its been pretty hectic around here so just pray we can keep focused...I have to say, that even though it was shocking and wish it didn't happen, God has a reason and it was amazing to see just how close our Students International family is..Just how strong God has made this bond between us all..As soon as we got word we were all at the hospital praying and supporting his wife and it really was like it was a brother that this happened to..No doubt that this brought us closer together as a family.

The new summer staff are here..Two of us stayed and we recieved 6 more..one was already asigned to the Art school before I decided to stay, so I am now going to be working with the media site going around and taking pictures and videos of the students and putting a video together for the banquet (last Friday of two weeks)..I will miss Carlos and Telma at the art site and all the kids, but I can visit them whenever. So, all is good..God is good.

I believe that this is my calling..missions..Before this summer, I told people that a part of my heart was here in Guatemala..now I believe that all of my heart is here..I honestly don't know how I will physically and emotionally...

I don't really know what else to write..if you have questions or comments please email me:
christianfreek247@gmail.com

Thank you for all your prayers and support!!!!

0 comments: