Psalm 82: 3-4

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked"

Join me as I travel the path God has put before me. To be with my heart in Guatemala. Being His hands and feet.

half way...

>> Sunday, June 14, 2009

Wow..I cant believe that my time here in Guate is half over!..its gone so fast!..though I miss my family and friends, I am not ready to leave my family and friends here!...
We have one more week with our group from CA..its been interesting week..there are about 20 people from a high school in CA and about 15 from Sonoma State Univ in CA..its been a different experience being with peers and being with those who look up to you..
At the art site this session, we actually have some of the high school students {4 of them} they are all wanting to study art in college, so, this past week they taught classes of different techniques and sharing with the kids. This coming week and following week, the children in Guatemala are not in school. One because its mid year break and two because of the swine flu out break. So a lot of children are going to becoming to the art site and more students are gonna come to help. We are going to be painting murals in the childrens room at Pastor Marios church. We are also going to pick 2-3 kids of the art school and go visit them at their house and share with them. It will be a challenging, intense, but exciting week...then the following week, we have our summer staff retreat where we will be going somewhere to the coast and relaxing and fellowshiping..sould be pretty darn exciting!!!..then after our week of break, we have our last group of this session..wow time is flying by!
I guess one thing that God had taught me or that I have realized is, that He really doesnt need us..Hes God..He would be totally fine without us..but He loves us so much that He created us..and we are sinful people and we are broken..and even though we are broken..He still creates us..and..also, beacuse we are broken, He sent his Son to die for us - of course i know this but it was just put into a new persepective and a new discription this week... It is easy to see God here..That will be a challenge for me when I return..life is so different here...Here everything is real..the spiritual warefare..you see it everyday..but when state side, its not as easy to see..its like going from front lines of war back home to normal, safe, ritual life..Ive read Ephesians 3 times now this summer {few times b4 this summer too} each time, God speaks something new..if you have not read it, I encourage you to read it..read it with a servants heart..with a missions heart and see what God says to you..

I say this each blog but I mean it from the bottom of my heart, thank you for your prayers and support if it were not for you all, I would not be here in Guate!

God is good!

0 comments: