Psalm 82: 3-4

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked"

Join me as I travel the path God has put before me. To be with my heart in Guatemala. Being His hands and feet.

Indescibable

>> Saturday, June 6, 2009

Well..today the teams are/have headed out..our first group is over..and another one starts tomorrow..least we get today to rest and take a breather..It was an awesome first two weeks (even with the lil sickness - feeling better now)..Wow..God is so amazing!..Its such a different and great experience being on the "staff" side rather than "student/participant" side..I get to interact and establish relationships with all the kids at the art site and Also get to establish friendships with the students that come..This past group was about 20 students and leaders from Canada and 13 from Greenville (where I go to college)..so one it was awesome that Britney (another summer staff from Greenville) and I got to show some of our classmates why she and I love these people and this country so much..now we all have a common bond..we all "get it"..and it was awesome meeting people from Canada..I'm sad that they all live so far away..There's a few that I will miss tremendously (my twin from a past life)..Steph if you read this - you're awesome! I miss ya and cant wait to come snowboarding! :)
So far, I've just realized how REAL the spiritual warfare is..We are studying the book of Ephesians with the teams that come down..and When Seth (SI Staff) did the devotional on Ephesians 6 - it hit me that, I one signed up for 6 weeks on the front lines of this battle and two, I am here at the front lines..Satan def has is ways and attacks..It reminded me of the story Daniel (friend) told us at youth group its in Chapter 10 of the book Daniel..in the story, Daniel has a vision and he prays to God to reveal the meaning of the vision, for 23 days Daniel fasted and prayed and didn't sleep, then on the 24th day an angel appeared and told him his prayers were heard from the first day but he got into a battle with a demon and then the Arch Angel Michael came and the other angel was finaly able to go to Daniel - it just shows that, things are not what they seem..there's stuff going on around us that we can't see, if we did, we'd probably faint..So just these past two weeks I've found myself praying a lot more and just seeking Him, and going up on the hill and sitting and just listening to Him...Its also been a blessing to hear some of the staff's testimonies. So far I loved Jose's testimony (he is in charge of the digital media site). One thing that he said has stuck with me, "when I take a picture, I am capturing God's smile and beauty" - its so true. When I'm sitting there helping the kids draw or paint and they just have grins on their face, I can see God (through them)..I am suppose to be here blessing people, but I feel like I am the one being blessed...
Things to pray for:
Health
Open minds and hearts for the new teams coming
the kids in the art school - most of them come from poor families
and that we can resist any attacks Satan has on us

Thank you and God Bless!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous June 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

I love you girl. and i loved this entry. I am praying for you!- KERRY