Psalm 82: 3-4

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked"

Join me as I travel the path God has put before me. To be with my heart in Guatemala. Being His hands and feet.

Update #2

>> Saturday, June 12, 2010

As you may have heard,Pacaya, the active volcano we usually take our teams to for an excursion has had a catastrophic eruption. There have been several deaths, and a cloud of ash & black sand has forced the closure of the airport and of schools.
We have also been pummeled by Tropical Storm Agatha, which has caused mudslides and claimed over 100 lives. Our leaders have decided to cancel our normal activities at sites in order to focus on relief work for the thousands of evacuees placed in temporary shelters. We are doing OK overall, but ask you to keep all those who are affected by these disasters in mind.

Our first group has left and we are half way through our second group. There isn't really much to write about this time. I know the disasters are still on people's minds. Especially the students who were here during and have returned home. So keep them in your prayers.

I also have been feeling a bit under the weather past few days, so I ask for prayers of strength and energy and good health.

*Photos to come soon*

Blessings!

0 comments: